Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Action on the Theater front....(George's first contribution to the Blog)



First off, congratulations to Westford Academy Theater Arts for a big victory, winning the State Finals with their "Dancing at Lughnasa" performance. Hats off to Mr. Towers and to all the cast and crew.

Even during the dress rehersal I felt like I was time warped back to 1930's Ireland. When I feel it through the lens, that's when I know the actors are "in the zone." Props to the crew! The set and lights were spot on!





So was the case with the cast at Middlesex Community College with their performance of "The Crucible" this past November. I had seen it performed twice before so I had an idea of what to expect... but man, did they NAIL it. I could barely shoot the last couple of scenes as I was feeling the fear and tension build toward the final scene.














Tomorrow night I will be shooting at Tyngsboro. The students there make me feel like family and in some cases they make me feel like a cast member! Last November during their perfomance of "Nunsense" I ended up as part of the show! I can't wait to see what they have in store for me tomorrow night.


-George

No comments: