Monday, November 16, 2009

Star Wars Fever!: from 1977 to 2009




Talk about full circle…

So here I am (left) some 32 years ago with my first Star Wars Christmas toys…and here are the boys (right) last weekend with some true to life Star Wars personalities.

So about a month ago (when Gail was not home) I splurged for some tickets to “Star Wars in Concert” for this past Saturday. I was editing images when I heard the music on TV advertising the concert that was coming. I was giddy thinking about bringing the boys there.



After the newer star wars movies came out, my boys were NUTS about it. Light Sabers and Star Wars costumes from Nana took over our house. Boy were amazed when I pulled out my 1977 Land Speeder and some of the original figures. They sure did not stack up to the newer figures!





So when we got into the Garden about 1-1/2 hours before the show started, the halls surrounding the garden were filled with Star Wars original exhibits as well as club fanatics with some of the best costumes I have ever seen in person. When we went to sneak down the elevator to the floor level for our seats, a hole group of them came in with us! (left) I really felt like we were taking a ride in the Death Star elevator being brought to Darth Vader himself.


The boys LOVED the show as did we. It was very well done. Live orchestra, choir, top notch lighting, smoke machines, pyrotechnics, lasers and the world’s largest traveling true HD screen….29 feet high by 60 feet wide! The picture was unbelievable. Sir Anthony Daniels (the man behind C3PO) narrated the show and would introduce each video montage that told the story of the all 6 Star Wars movies. Definitely took me back!


I watched Star Wars for the first time with my sister on the on the roof of my fathers Nova in a sleeping bags at the Drive-in move theater.


Now here I am 38 years old married with two boys who are running around the same house I did with cooler Star Wars toys than I ever had!

No comments: